Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 6 - Will-Power

Yesterday was my 6th day on this program - all was just fine until I went to dinner with my brothers and my family. We went to PF Changs, which I happen to love, and I was very nervous about being able to make a good choice. I researched the menu online before we got there, so I went in with a game plan, but I knew it might be difficult for me to stick to once I saw what everyone else was ordering.

Dinner started with drinks, of course. The waiter went around the table and got orders from everyone for some sort of exotic, fruity, yummy beverage, and when he got to me, I ordered "just water, please."  My brother then ordered a bottle of wine and when I informed him that I wouldn't be having any, he looked at me like I'd just come from another planet.

I ordered the seared ahi and a side of steamed vegetables for dinner. I don't think the ahi fit exactly into the medi-fast lean and green guidelines, but it was the best thing I could find on the menu - not so far off that it will screw up my loss for the week, I don't think.

I started dinner feeling like I was missing out. I ended dinner feeling victorious.  I went in with a plan, stuck to it, made a good, healthy choice, avoided the banana springrolls entirely, and I know the reward will come when I step on the scale tomorrow.

That, ladies and gentlemen (if there happens to be anyone reading this thing!), is what will-power looks like! - B

No comments:

Post a Comment