Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 2 - Addictions

Last night I asked Matt if he remembered what he emotionally went through when he quit smoking 5 years ago. He told me that he was scared and had a lot of anxiety. He then followed it up with some very good advice...just take one step at a time. Remind myself everyday that I've made it this far, so I might as well keep going. I have the world's greatest husband.

I don't think many people realize that there are food addictions. The toughest thing about a food addiction is that you can't remove yourself from it. You have to eat to survive. You can't quit eating "cold turkey", or decide to hang out with people who don't eat. Food is a part of our lives and breaking the addiction means making the right food choices, eating proper portions, and using other ways to soothe yourself emotionally or fight boredom. (both in my case)

Today felt a little better than yesterday. Still feeling hungry.  I realized that I'm going to have to plan something really delicious for my Lean and Green meal every day so that I have something to look forward to when I'm choking down powdered "eggs" and soy protein shakes.  Tonight I made a portabella cap stuffed with Boca crumbles, spinach and tomatoes. It was awesome. It is a recipe I will make again and again...even when I'm not on this diet.

So far I like about 60% of the food. That's not too shabby. Good job Medi-fast.

Last night I was feeling very scared - like I didn't know if I had made the right decision to do this. But I'm feeling better today, and figure, hey, I've made it 2 whole days, why not go for 3?

I'll let you know how it goes - B

No comments:

Post a Comment