Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 5 - Visions of Hershey Kisses danced in my head...

I have been having a lot of strange dreams lately. I think it is probably the medication I'm on - the dreams aren't scary, just vivid and strange.

Last night, among other things, I dreamt of sweets. I dreamt that I was at my parents' house and my stepmom just kept feeding me her awesome toffee/almond roca thing that she makes every Christmas. In the same dream, I was unwrapping hundreds of Hershey's Kisses for no apparent reason. By the way, did you know that Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it is kissing the conveyer belt? Cute, huh? (there's an app for this sort of strange knowledge on my phone.)

Anyway, the dreams were just dreams. I didn't wake up craving sweets. I got up and felt wonderful.

At a baby shower for a friend today, I saw another friend who has recently lost 50 lbs on Medi-fast. She looks fabulous and is so inspiring. I know that she has suffered from the same battles that I have, so I'm so proud of her, and will keep looking to her for inspiration as I go through my journey.

I also resisted cake, butter mints, and ice cream at the baby shower today. Go me! I'm getting the hang of this will-power thing.

Tomorrow I have to tackle dinner at PF Changs with my brothers. I am going to go to their website and check out their menu as soon as I'm done writing this so I can plan ahead.

And hopefully my brothers or husband won't order the banana springrolls for dessert... - B

No comments:

Post a Comment