Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 21 - Week 3 in the bag

Well, here we are at Tuesday morning - the scale read 170.2 lbs today, for a weight loss of 1.8 lbs this week and a total of 13.7 lbs for 3 weeks.

I cannot lie and say I'm not disappointed in my smaller loss this week, even though I knew it was coming. I also feel like a fool saying I'm disappointed, because 1.8 lbs on any other plan would be considered a huge victory! I guess I feel the way I do because if I hadn't had 2 off-plan days, I would have lost more. But, if you go off plan, your body goes out of ketosis, and takes 3 days to get back in ketosis once you restart - meaning that after today, my body should be back in ketosis, and I'll be back to losing more weight.

Still, 1.8 lbs is a victory - any day the scale goes down is great, even if it's only .1. I will try to remember this as my weeks go on, and the weight comes off more slowly.

For poops and giggles, I tried on my size 8 jeans the other day - not quite a fit, but not so far off either. At least I can button them! :) A month ago that would have been impossible!

I'm excited to start doing a bit more vigorous exercising this week - I've made it through the first 3 weeks, so now I can find new activities that will not only help my weight loss, but will help me get back into shape as well.

Thank you all for your continued support on this program! I couldn't do it without you! - B

No comments:

Post a Comment