Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 42 - Week 6 complete!

Okay, so clearly blogging every day is not something I can truly commit to. I am a busy lady...but, this blog is important to me, so I will write every couple of days to let you all know how I am doing.

That being said, I'm down 2.2 lbs this week! I'm at 160.1 lbs this morning. I was hoping to see the 5 after the 1 this week, but I know I'll see it next week, so it isn't a big deal. I've lost a total of 23.8 lbs, and only have 15.1 to go! I'm so close I can taste it!

The biggest non-scale victory for me this week was that I can really start to see the change in my face. I'm sure that other people noticed that right away since your face is one of the first places you typically lose weight, but it took awhile for me to see it.  I've always had round cheeks, but now I can see that there are actually cheekbones in there!

Also, I've started to embrace other things about myself. I am realizing that I love my curly hair. It is big and wild and unruly, but with the right product, it's fun and sexy. I'm feeling so much better about myself now, that I don't feel like I have to change things like my hair to feel pretty.

Yesterday, as you all know, was Valentine's Day. Normally V Day is a weak time for me. I LOVE chocolate. Love it. With a dedicated passion most could not understand.

My darling husband made me a slight variation on a lean and green - a very healthy meal of salmon and sauteed vegetables. He used a few condiments that aren't on plan, but overall, a very healthy and tasty meal. (Thank you sweetheart!)  For dessert I whipped up some chocolate mousse with berries, and we had some champagne.  So, I'm out of ketosis, and not expecting a stellar loss this next week since it takes a few days to get back into ketosis, but the treat and lovely meal with my family was worth it to me.

I'll check back in with all of you as soon as I can! Happy Tuesday! - B

1 comment: