Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 36 - Feeling a little bit weak

Yesterday I desperately wanted to cheat. I wanted to go through the McDonald's drive thru, order a quarter pounder with cheese and french fries, and throw in the towel on this whole diet thing.

I didn't. Thank goodness.  I realize actually right now as I'm writing this, that yesterday was an incredibly stressful day for me. I'm dealing with some family stuff, and I wanted to soothe myself by eating. I did eat an extra medi-fast bar last night, but I'm ok with that. That's leaps and bounds above what I really wanted to do.

Even though I realize that the eating I wanted to do was stress-related, it doesn't take away the want at this point. As a stay-at-home mom, a lot of the other stress relieving things like taking a walk, reading a book, or screaming at the top of your lungs, are not possible all the time. Trust me, I'd love to just leave the house and go for a brisk walk whenever I feel like cheating, but naptimes, feedings, clean-up and general mommy-ness doesn't make it all that easy. This is not an excuse, it is just the way it is most of the time. I realize that I need to take a little bit of time to myself EVERY day, not just the days I feel overwhelmed. That will be my goal for this week - to take 10 minutes completely to myself when Matt is home. Not weight-loss related time, either. Just me time.

Need to get out of my funk and find my positive self again - have you seen her? - B

1 comment:

  1. Maybe make it a point to leave the house by yourself once a week to journal, read, think, check in with myself, etc. ...for a couple hours.

    ReplyDelete