Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Experiment

Okay, so clearly I'm not on medi-fast anymore, and I didn't do very well at tracking my transition off the program. That's because I didn't do very well transitioning off the program at all - and I was too embarrassed to admit it. So, here's the truth. I have not been eating great over the last two months, and as a result, I have gained back a few pounds. Not enough for me to change sizes or feel like I've undone any of the hard work I did, but still, I wanted to continue going the other direction for a few pounds. Now I'm back at 148, and my ultimate goal is to be in the 120's - meaning 129.9. Tomorrow morning I'm going to restart my tracking and measuring, and I will post here.

I really do think blogging is part of the big picture for me. It helps to hold me accountable. I don't want to fail in the eyes of my readers, so if I commit to blogging each day, I'll commit to my diet each day.

I have been reading a little bit about the 4 hour body diet - and while much of it is extreme and would not fit well into my lifestyle, there are pieces of it that would be very beneficial - one of which is the advice to take a picture of everything you eat before you eat it. Most people don't want to take a picture of something un-healthy. My plan is to take a picture of everything I eat and post it on my blog daily. That way I'm being held accountable in that way too.

Another element of the 4 hour body diet is to increase protein at breakfast - at least 30 grams. In fact, the creator of this program said that if you don't do anything else on the plan, following this step will give you noticeable results. Worth a shot. I'm sure that I can always use a little more protein.

With that, I'll write tomorrow and post pictures of what I consume. I'll try not to embarrass myself too much. :) B

No comments:

Post a Comment